Tuesday, March 4, 2008

More from Ethiopia

We're doing fabulous! Both Calvin and Piper are attaching well and
already know mom and papa.

The nannies taught Calvin "eyes" "nose" "ears" and "teeth" (in
Amharic), so I learned how to ask him in Amharic and we will try to
post a video soon. They also taught him "I love you" (in
English)...so we can't take credit for all the yumminess!

Ethiopian people are so amazing! They are so kind, generous and
loving. They really love children and everywhere we go they hold the
babies and give us coffee! Sounds like the place to be if you ask me!

We are excited to come home...both kids are pretty sick. It looks
like Calvin has scabies. We'll try to post soon...

10 comments:

jill coen said...

So glad ya'll are doing well! Calvin and Piper look so happy. Yeah!!
jill (aw family)

Mary DeMuth said...

They are so sweet, Rae. Can't wait to see them and YOU!

Fischer middle boy said...

Love the picture. Can't wait to meet them. Praying...

Jori said...

SO ADORABLE!!! I just love the names calvin and Piper together!! Congrats!
Jori (YG)

Shelly Davidson Carvan said...

It is amazing to see the transformation in Calvin's eyes -from fear to hope - and that little Piper you just want to shower her with hugs & kisses! Too precious! Can't wait to meet them!

Holly said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Oh, they are SO beautiful! I have just stared at their pics so much. I'm just now posting because every time I come to your blog I just get lost in the pics, and then there's no time to post. We can't wait to see you all!

Kari said...

Dave & Rae,
WE're praying for Calvin & Piper!!!!!! We pray that you all have a safe trip home and they feel all better. So sorry to hear about the possible scabies :( They are both completely stunning...we are in love! Can't wait to hear about your time @ Kids Care :)
Love ya,
Kari

Anonymous said...

Sweet babies!!!! Aw, miss that coffee...though we did buy an Ethiopian coffee pot it's just been a while since I've made some! Praying for those babies to get well...quickly!

kristin said...

Wow, you sound amazing and cheerful! I am so stoked for you guys!

Julianna said...

I am so happy to see their little faces. They are beautiful! I have been praying for you and Dave to bond with them...all the time. Love you guys so much!